POSITION TITLE & SPECIFICATIONS:
Title: Program Coordinator
Reports To: Chair
Salary: Negotiated / Based on Experience
Duration: Full-Time / Immediate
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Program Coordinator (PC) is charged with building on Rochester Joint Schools Construction Board’s track record of success by working alongside the Chair and the Board in realizing the Rochester Schools Modernization Program (RSMP) vision and achieving its goals as well as enhancing the impact of its mission. The PC will serve as the ‘right hand’ for the Chair and the Board by leading and driving a wide range of administrative and day-to-day management functions. The PC will also partner with the Chair and the Board to lead RJSCB initiatives, meetings, streamline activities and build consensus among key stakeholders. The PC will bring excellent communication skills, management experience, financial acumen, a focus on effective problem-solving, the ability to build partnerships and develop a strategic framework for internal and external communications. The position reports to the Chair and assists the Board and the Program Director in the oversight of the RSMP.
The RJSCB was created by New York State special legislation, to comprehensively plan, engage local stakeholders, procure the necessary professional and contract services, along with securing all regulatory approvals and permanent bond financing to complete the modernization of selected schools within the Rochester City School District (RCSD).
Essential Job Duties:
- Support the RJSCB Chair and Board in monitoring and managing the RSMP’s mission, policies and values.
- Lead the day-to-day management and monitor progress on all RSMP projects by assuring appropriate prioritization, collaboration and effective execution amongst RSMP project participants such that all mileposts and objectives are achieved on time and on budget.
- Ensure the health and connectivity of the organization through maintaining consistency and quality communication channels.
- Translate Board direction and critical deliverables to the Program Manager and, where appropriate, to the entire team, mediating issues and providing guidance under the leadership of the Chair and Board.
- In partnership with the Chair and Board, work to ensure that the RSMP’s key initiatives are resourced and moving forward appropriately, and that all parties are working together effectively in an inclusive work environment.
- Represent the Chair and Board in a variety of settings when one or both cannot be present.
- Serve as a key point of contact for inquiries from stakeholders including RCSD, Board of Education, City of Rochester, City Council, state legislators, etc.
- Partner closely with the Chair, Board and Program Manager to ensure smooth operations and timely and accurate information flow to organizations outside the RJSCB.
- Assist the Chair to manage meeting cadence, agendas and follow ups for key internal meetings and offsite meetings.
- Manage RJSCB expense budget planning and tracking.
- Review expenses and invoices for all contracts awarded by the Board to ensure accuracy and recommend for payment on a timely basis as a ‘checks-and-balance’ with the Program Manager.
- As authorized by the Board, approve certain contracts, purchase orders and other actions that are consistent with the laws, regulations and policies of the RJSCB.
- Partner with the Chair, Board and Program Manager to move the RSMP priorities forward and makes sure decisions are communicated, critical organizational questions addressed so the team can effectively move forward on the RSMP plans.
- Meet regularly with the Program Manager to monitor its oversight of contractors and service providers. As required or requested by the Chair, Board or Program Manager, conduct site visits of RSMP projects.
- Strategic advisor to the Chair and Board on setting priorities, time management and focus, communication, monitoring information flow and playing the role of troubleshooter/gate keeper.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes - internal and external. Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the RJSCB and the Program Manager to the Chair and Board.
- Facilitate all meetings by planning agendas, previewing and critiquing presentations and reports and driving outcomes and follow-up plans.
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, provide strategic oversight and guidance on all RJSCB projects.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the RJSCB.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager to conduct research and compile advanced briefing materials as needed to support Chair and Board.
- Work closely with the Board Clerk to prepare and review meeting materials for the Board and its Committees and attest to all notices of such meetings as required by law.
- Performs other RSMP duties that may be requested by the Chair and the Board.
Education and Qualifications:
- Proven experience planning and leading strategic initiatives and supporting senior executives in complex organizations
- Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to forge relationships, indirectly lead and gain consensus on process and objectives
- 7+ years of experience in project management roles involving direct executive communication
- Graduate degree in business, management, finance or related fields
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with proven success in project management role
- Demonstrated command of process, management and finance in support of strategic and innovation projects
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills across all levels (Board, staff, external constituents)
- Must have experience in government environment.
- Systems thinking approach to project management that identifies ways to increase impact through collaboration and teams.
- Ability to integrate data and information for improved management of operations.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Projects, Construction Management Software and scheduling programs.
- Knowledge of the RJSCB and the RSMP is preferred.
Posting Closing Date: August 19, 2019
All resumes, responses and inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.